Anti - Bullying Policy
We define bullying as: ‘Behaviour by an individual or group, usually repeated over time, that intentionally hurts another individual or group either physically or emotionally’.
We have a zero-tolerance policy against bullying of any kind – physical, verbal, indirect or electronic (cyber bullying). We undertake to:
- Support our staff and hosts to deal with bullying appropriately.
- Ensure students know that any concerns about bullying will be dealt with sensitively and effectively.
- Deal with any other forms of abuse or hate crime etc.
If you have any concerns or questions please speak to any member of staff in the school.
Procedure for dealing with alleged abuse (including bullying)
- If any of our students reports an incident of alleged abuse or bullying, we will take the following action:
- Investigate where the alleged incident happened and who was involved.
- Talk to the student with two members of staff being present.
- Let the student know we will treat our discussion with confidentiality.
Take action as appropriate in-line with our policies on discipline and exclusion